Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home and remain with the patient for 24 hours.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- You must wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves for monitoring purposes. Also good, supportive shoes, such as tennis shoes that tie are required for the patient’s safety.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or flu-like symptoms, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Hesterberg & Breda prior to your surgical date for instructions.